Ayurvedic Facial Treatment Certificate: full payment 250.00
This is an excellent choice for those who wish to be able to offer a beautiful, safe and effective facial treatment following authentic traditional Indian techniques as a stand- alone treatment, or as an add on to existing skills.
Its holistic profile fits perfectly with reflexology, aromatherapy, Swedish body massage, Indian head massage, hot stone therapy, crystal therapy etc. If you are a beauty therapist, then this will offer you an additional fabulous ritual facial to add to your treatment menu! It is also suitable as an interesting CPD activity.
This course takes your facial treatment skills to a whole new level with the addition of several specialised Indian treatments including warm oil marma point massage [using a range of more unusual traditional Indian oils used in Ayurvedic medicine], the currently very popular Kansa wand massage, herbal compress massage [pinda sweda], energy balancing, exfoliation using natural materials and natural facial masks. This coupled with an overview of Ayurvedic philosophy and subtle energy and its flow makes this a special course indeed.
Following completion of this course you will hold a fully accredited, insurable qualification in traditional Ayurvedic facial treatments that will allow you to work confidently and competently with a range of clients. The course is accredited with IPHM [International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine] for membership and insurance.
Basic theory is covered by supported distance learning and additional theoretical concepts and all practical work are covered in class. Assessment is ongoing in practical classes. This is an extended skills certificate
Aims & Objectives:
- the aim of this course is to provide a good solid industry standard qualification that enables the student to provide a safe and effective treatment.
COVERED ON THIS COURSE :
Day 1 [not exhaustive]
- Benefits and effects of Ayurvedic facial treatment
- Overview of principles of Ayurveda
and energy systems and energy flow
- Indications and contra-indications
- Specific conditions for treatment
- Consultation and homecare
- Ayurvedic facial treatment practical routine
- Massage media and specific oils
- Warm oil marma point massage
- Ethical and legal issues
- Health and safety
Day 2 [not exhaustive]
- Kansa wand restorative facial techniques
- Herbal compress massage [pinda sweda]
- Energy balancing
- Natural herbal masks